The Bar Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects and functions of the La Société bar, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Create and update the wine list in coordination with chefs and the Restaurant General Manager.
- Assist in the overall bar beverage operations activities to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of the outlets, to include RBS training and coaching. Ensure departments are following all ABC requirements.
- Recommend food and wine pairings.
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tastes and food choices.
- Inform guests about different varieties of wines and prices.
- Manage wine cellar and ensure it is fully stocked.
- Negotiate purchase prices with vendors.
- Program weekly monthly events such as wine tasting days or “wine of the month” events.
- Assist the outlet leaders in setting beverage service standards.
- Set up training modules for in depth bartender trainings for consistent service across the outlets.
- Create new beverage recipes based on current trends and resort needs.
- Coordinate beverage purchases with the Restaurant General Manager and Director of Food & Beverage.
- Sommelier Certification preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as a Sommelier, Wine Steward/Stewardess or similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and the regions that produce which type.
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries.
- Thorough knowledge of beverage controls and mixology.
- Good communication skills.
- Available to work during open hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to meet with wine producers and visit wine-tasting events.
- Experience managing in a union environment preferred.
Salary ($75,000.00 - $85,000.00)
Benefits & Perks:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.